When you use our website, Molly Olly’s Wishes places small data files on your computer, known as cookies. Most websites do this. Basic cookies contain the site name and a unique user ID. The next time you visit that site, your browser checks to see if it has a cookie for it and sends the information contained in that cookie back to the site. The site then ‘knows’ that you have been there before, and can, for example, tailor your experience of the site. More sophisticated cookies allow you to do other things, like create accounts on a site or use an online shop.
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you’ve given so you don’t need to keep entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it is as helpful for you as possible
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally – we don’t collect or store your personal information (such as your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are. You’ll normally see a message on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
We’ll assume you’re happy to receive all cookies from our website. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at http://www.aboutcookies.org which offers guidance.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use Molly Olly’s Wishes website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, e.g. improving site search. Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on our website
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Third party cookies
Facebook, Twitter and JustGiving cookies are examples of ‘third party’ cookies on our site. If you click a function on our website that is associated with these parties (e.g. to share or tweet a piece of information, or to make a donation), they will place cookies on your computer. We do not take responsibility for these cookies, as to make use of these functions you will have already accepted the terms and conditions of use with the relevant party.
Embedded videos on our site may store cookies to save settings such as video resolution and volume control, once you click on the video player. As you do not have to sign first in order to play these videos, you will not have accepted relevant terms and conditions. We do not take responsibility for these cookies; to find out more please click here.
- Molly Olly’s Wishes takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that information and material displayed on our website is accurate. However, you agree that you use this website at your own risk and that Molly Olly’s Wishes is not liable for any costs, expenses or claims arising from your use of the website.
- Molly Olly’s Wishes only publishes information about individual people and cases to our website where we have prior permission to do so. Where this permission has been given, Molly Olly’s Wishes can accept no liability for any claims, costs or issues arising from publication of this material.
- Molly Olly’s Wishes is not responsible for any material displayed on the website by, or owned by, third parties.
- You agree that the responsibility for any information you provide to Molly Olly’s Wishes via our website rests solely with yourself and that you will indemnify Molly Olly’s Wishes in respect of any costs, expenses, losses, damages or claims made as result of any claim based upon any information provided by yourself.
- Molly Olly’s Wishes retains the Intellectual Property Rights for all material displayed on our website.
- Molly Olly’s Wishes is not liable for any inaccuracies, claims or issues arising from your use of any other websites accessed via links from the Molly Olly’s Wishes website.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of other organisations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Acceptable Use Policy
Anyone using the Molly Olly’s Wishes website must do so in a legal, professional and responsible manner at all times.
- You must not use the website to store or transmit any information that is or is likely to be, discriminatory, hateful, false, inaccurate, threatening, defamatory, abusive, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, harassing, profane, sexually oriented, invasive of a person’s privacy, liable to incite racial hatred, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or otherwise be a breach of the law.
- You will show respect and courtesy at all times to other users.
- You must not use copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by yourself or you have obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals.
- You must not use the website to transmit junk email (spam), chain email or unsolicited commercial communications
- You must not use the website to store or transmit material that could reasonably be expected to embarrass or compromise Molly Olly’s Wishes
- You must not use the website to store or transmit personal data relating to an individual, where the individual hasn’t given explicit permission for the data to be used
- You must not make any postings that would constitute an advertisement, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
- You must not carry out or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world
- You must not attempt to compromise the website and its services, preventing legitimate access, attempting to gain unauthorised access, or damaging or causing degradation of performance or a denial of service
- You must not use the website and its services to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any malicious computer software (malware), for example computer viruses, worms, keystroke loggers, rootkits or spyware
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection (such as web scraping or data harvesting) of the website and its services
- You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any material you post to our website.
Molly Olly’s Wishes will protect your personal information and will not share it with other people unless you give your consent.
Molly Olly’s Wishes is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and aims to be clear and open about how your data is used. We will not share your personal information with other people unless you give your consent.
This policy explains what data – personal and anonymous – we collect from you and how we use it.
Information we may collect from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, subscribing to our newsletters, surveys, or requesting further services.
- Material that you post or contribute to our site (e.g. in comments or wikis).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site, including which pages you visit and what you do. This is to enhance your experience of the site and for logged-in members to ensure access to restricted resources.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Molly Olly’s Wishes, and those we work with. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Access to information
You are legally entitled to access information Molly Olly’s Wishes holds about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Reliance on information
Material, videos, information or other content on this Website (the “Content”) is provided ‘as is’ and for information purposes only, it is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the Content on the Website we do not make any warranties, representations or guarantees (whether express or implied) as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness. We may make changes to the Content on the Website at any time without notice.
In particular, any medical information referred to in, or throughout, this Website is given for information purposes only and it is not intended to constitute professional advice for medical diagnosis or treatment, to replace consultation with a qualified medical practitioner, or to advocate or recommend the purchase of any product or to endorse or guarantee the credentials or appropriateness of any health care provider. You are strongly advised to consult with an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Certain Content on this Website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such Content. We and any third parties referred to on this Website assume no responsibility for how you use the Content provided through this Website.
Links to and from this website
Where we provide hypertext links to other websites or resources provided by third parties, we do so for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the content or views of any other websites, resources or pages linking to or from this Website, nor have we verified any content therein. The inclusion on this Website of links to other websites, resources or pages, should furthermore not be construed as approval by us of those linked websites, resources or pages. If you choose to follow links to other websites you do so at your own risk.
If you would like to establish a link to this Website, please ask our permission before you do so. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We, or our third-party licensors, are the owners of all intellectual property in this Website and the Content on it. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page of, or Content on, this Website for your own personal use without any modification but must not use these for any commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us or our licensors.
Responsibility for loss and damage
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether indirect or consequential), whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise in connection with your use of this Website and your reliance on any of the Content on our Website (save for in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence of the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation).
We do not guarantee that this Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. It is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
This Website is intended for people accessing it from within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee the site or the Content on it is appropriate for use in other countries.