Please get involved and help!
Donate Prizes for Our Fundraising events
Molly Ollys always needs prizes or gifts which can be used to raise funds through auctions, raffles etc.
We hold a large Ball most years for around 500 guests with meal, entertainment and live and silent auctions with about 40 lots, which is an important fundraising event for us. We also hold a Golf Day each year, which includes an auction, and run various raffles from time to time. Donated items for these auctions and raffles help us considerably by removing the need to buy items.
We are grateful for a wide range of gifts including physical items such as sporting memorabilia, jewellery etc, or experiences e.g. tickets, overnight stays, meals, golf course rounds, loan of a holiday home for a week (if you are lucky enough to have one!).
We are always happy to give publicity to our donors in recognition of their gift.
Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss any ideas you have.
Organise your own Fundraising events
We are fortunate to have benefited from a wide range of fundraising events run by families we have helped, and friends/supporters across the country.
If you would like to raise funds for the Charity, here are some ideas you might like to consider:
• Coffee mornings and cake sales
• Quiz nights
• Ladies’ pamper evenings
• Give up something for a week, month or more and donate the saving
• Dress down days at work
• Sponsored walks, runs, cycle rides, or other sporting challenges, even in the gym
• Persuade your company or school to select Molly Ollys as their preferred charity
• Car boot sales, garage sales, jumble sales, table top sales
• Talent show or fashion show
• Ask Molly Ollys for one of our collection boxes
It’s important that you chose something that you will enjoy doing. Have fun and good luck.
If you would like to discuss a fundraising idea with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know about your donation via email as we would love to thank you directly.
Useful Information For Setting Up Your Own Event
If you wish to run a fundraising event to raise money for Molly Ollys, there will be some arrangements you’ll need to put in place to support the event.
We can provide forms and information to help you, including a Sponsorship Form.
There is also information below on how to set up a JustGiving page if you wish to take online donations.
We are always keen to publicise fundraising events and we would like to be able to promote your events, whether before or afterwards, and so a Permission for Images form is also available.
If you need any other advice on fundraising events for our Charity, please contact us at email@example.com.
How To Set Up A Just Giving Page
How do I create an online fundraising page so that I can raise money for Molly Ollys?
Creating an online fundraising page for Molly Ollys on JustGiving takes just a few minutes. After a few quick steps you will be able to share your story on email and social media and will be able to start receiving donations for us.
Before you begin, you will need to decide whether you are going to raise money as part of an event organised by others that you plan to attend (like a marathon) or whether you are organising a fundraising event yourself. It is also helpful to decide how much money you want to raise, i.e. what your fundraising target is.
- Once you know what your plan is, go to https://www.justgiving.com/ and log into your account (or set up an account if you don’t yet have one) and follow these steps:
- Click ‘Start Fundraising’.
- When asked ‘Are you fundraising for a registered charity?’, select ‘Yes, continue’.
- Search for Molly Olly’s Wishes and select this.
- Let us know whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory of someone or doing your own thing.
- If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell us a bit more about your activity.
- Select your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- The next question is about Gift Aid, as certain donations are not eligible for Gift Aid. JustGiving’s website explains more about this, so that you can decide whether to tick ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. If your donations are eligible for Gift Aid, JustGiving will deal with all of the arrangements and ensure that Molly Ollys benefits from the additional 25p per £1 donated which Gift Aid enables.
- Click ‘Create your page’.
Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations.
JustGiving will send the money that you raise to us on a weekly basis.
Our team is mostly made up of volunteers and we are always grateful for further volunteer help, especially for fundraising events. We are flexible and can accommodate help for specific events or on particular days, or on a longer term basis.
If you would like to volunteer for the Charity please contact Rachel on firstname.lastname@example.org, setting out what your availability is.
In limited circumstances we can also offer work experience. Please get in touch to discuss what you are looking for.
Molly Ollys needs as many people as possible to talk about our Charity and the seriously unwell children that we help. The more people who know about us, the more funds we can hopefully raise. And even more importantly, the more families trying to deal with the horrendously difficult situation of having a child with a life-threatening illness hear about us, the more families can ask for help – every day 12 children are diagnosed with cancer and more with other rare and serious conditions and illnesses.
Every like, post, tweet/retweet, share or conversation you have about Molly Ollys could make the difference for a parent or child dealing with the most unimaginable circumstances. #MOFamily #ollythebrave
Every donation, whatever size, helps a seriously unwell child
HELP MAKE WISHES COME TRUE
Current data suggests that 12 children and young people are diagnosed with cancer every day, and that 1,900 children under the age of 14 in the UK are diagnosed each year.
More children are diagnosed with a range of other, often rare, conditions and illnesses that are also life-threatening.
Molly Ollys is committed to helping as many of these children and their families as possible, and works hard to raise the necessary funds to be able to help those who contact us.
You can help us do this by making a donation, joining in with our fundraising events, running your own events, using Give as You Live when you are shopping, and by leaving a legacy in your will. Please visit our How you can help page to find out more.